I really can’t put my finger on exactly when Hashimotos “entered” my body, but I was diagnosed in October of 2015. I denied the fact that I had it, but one day…or week, I couldn’t move, think, create, nothing, no spunk, no life…I had a BIG case of the Blahs! So back to the doctor I went only to find that, indeed, I did have hashimotos and I decided I was going to really be proactive in the healing of my body because I could not suffer this way any longer.
Here’s what I did:
- Stopped Gluten again immediately & researched the foods that work best for me.
- The Research led me to two gentleman: Dr. Josh Axe at draxe.com & John Douillard at https://lifespa.com, who I highly recommend to follow for complete information about hashimotos & other disorders that may be hindering your life.
- Meditated More: using the Insight Timer App & their site https://insighttimer.com (follow me, Carrie B Cottrill) as I have put a couple meditations up thus far with many more to come. What I really love about this app are the “rewards!” It just makes meditation more fun, find friends, join groups & listen to some great music.
- Reread: “Meditation as Medicine,” really, it works on so many levels. (Grab the book. It could change the way you look at many things in your life!)
- Pranayama (Yogic Breathing Exercises).
- More Yoga Asanas: View my Short Vinyasa & Pranayama videos here: www.youtube.com/YogaSpiritCenter
- Honoring my Sleep & Rest Needs: I have to have at least 7 hours of sleep or my daily functioning is not optimal.
- Heavier Essential Oil Use. Currently I am using: http://amzn.to/2gULJaa
- Cleaner Thoughts…as in, not letting outside influences bother me. Relaxing into my Soul & knowing that what I do on a daily basis is good for my mind and body.
- Positive Affirmations.
- Gratitude Journaling in a jar.
- Found Super Sites to learn more about what I can do to change my life with the help of others. Here’s one that I use frequently: http://thyroidnation.com
- Clean Living: which really emcompasses most of what I outlined above.
- Vlog Diary: it’ll be here & on my YouTube Channel. A slow build as I REBUILD my Health.
I’m one determined Yogi on a Mission. Just take a look at the 2 latest videos I made on a very bad day, after a run, that is RAW…one uncut version & a short version. If you have hashimotos, you’ll enjoy the videos.
Let me know what you think anywhere you can find me. Working together, talking & supporting each other is Essential. I’m just getting started on my Biggest Mission: HEALING. Join ME!
Om Shanti Om
Om Shiva Om