the yogis journey originated as Yoga Spirit Center in 1994 in Tempe, AZ. Emphasizing Eastern Yogic Wisdom with an emphasis on precise alignment in asanas, breathing techniques & meditation. the journey practices thoughtful & reflective yoga to promote both physical and mental well-being.
♥Learn to Create! Your inner artist is dying to make your life more creative. Acrylic, Watercolor & Mixed Media Painting Classes.
♥Choose to be a super Creative!
We are Mindful & Intentional!
Carrie B Cottrill, Founder, Instructor
E-RYT500, YACEP® Provider, M.Ed.
“Don’t seek, don’t search, don’t ask, don’t knock, don’t demand ~ relax. If you relax it comes, if you relax it is there. If you relax, you start vibrating with it.”―Osho
The Original Journey began in 1990 when Yoga serendipidiously appeared graciously through a book at an Aveda Salon I owned; “Rejuvenation: A Wellness Guide for Men & Women.” It was quickly devoured, hence the Beginning of my Yoga Journey…
Who is Carrie B?
♦ Yoga & Meditation Facilitator ♦
• Former Model & Fashion Merchandizer AND Group Fitness Instructor in Phoenix, AZ since 1982!
• Former Successful Salon Owner in Tempe, AZ 1990-2000; Licensed Stylist.
• E-RYT500 Yoga Alliance Certified (Teaching since 1994)
• Thai Yoga Therapist & Former Member of International Association of Yoga Therapists
• Tranformational Meditation Instructor
• Spiritual Jewelry Artist
• B. A. in Art & Body -Centered Therapies (Eastern Philosophy VS Western Psychology) 1999
• M.Ed. Fine Arts & Classroom Teaching, 2006
• Licensed Art Teacher 2008 – present
• Additional Training in: The Alexander Technique, Gestalt Therapy, Polarity, Hypnosis, EFT & Biofeedback
• Health Nut
• Runner since 1977; Minimalist since 2009 – Intentional Running Sessions Available as well!
▪ Art is my PASSION!
▪ Yoga is my LOVE
▪ Nature is my RELIGION
A small list of Carrie’s beloved teachers:
Donna Fahri, Jonny Kest, Bryan Kest, Tim Miller, Sandra Summerfield Kozak, Paul Harvey, Stephen Cope, Ana Forrest, Gary Kraftsow, Rod Stryker, David Life, Doug Swenson, Michael Lee, Erich Schiffmann, Pandiji Rajmani Tiguanait, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, Sean Johnson & other non-yoga teachers including Belleruth Naperstek, SARK, MaA small list of Carrie’s beloved teachers:rianne Williamson, Debbie Ford, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Dr. Bernie Seigel, Melanie Beatty.
Some of my most famous clients include:
Taylor Swift, Buddy Ryan (Philadelphia Eagles/Arizona Cardinals Coaches, Danny Neale, Matt Cavanaugh (assistant coaches), Carole King, SF Giant & Colorado Rockies players +
Om Shanti Om
Let the JOURNEY Begin…with…